Being isolated at home has got me in the mood to constantly be baking, I now understand why my nana will always have some form of cookies or home made cake whenever people are around. Any way I decided today I will do a small little post on baking and in particular Easter cookies to get into the mood. So what’s your favourite Easter sweet?
Mine without a doubt has to be mini eggs. I’m not a massive chocolate person, but those things are addictive and now there is something bigger on the horizon m&m Easter eggs. I know who would of thought. And so that is what I used and with 4 simple steps and a list of ingredients you too can be eating these mini m&mcookies.
So what do we need first:
- 175 g soft butter
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( optional)
- 185 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda, baking soda
- 150 g Milk chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 packets m&m eggs
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir together the baking powder & bicarbonate of soda in a separate bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the batter until combined and there is no flour visible.
- Heap tablespoons of the mixture onto a lined baking sheet. (I normally shape the dough into balls using my hands). Leave 2 inches between each ball of dough to allow room for spreading. Flatten the pieces of dough ever so slightly than add mini eggs on top.
- Bake until the cookies are light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets for five minutes, (they will be fragile when they just come out of the oven) and then transfer to a rack to cool completely
Lots Of Love